India Golden Triangle Tour
Expect to see some of India’s finest cultural and architectural sights on this truly memorable day trip through Delhi, Agra and Jaipur. Here in this article, we are talking about the cultural trip to Rajasthan with the Golden Triangle India Tour Package.
India Golden Triangle Tour at a Glance
Discover the royal sites of Rajasthan, from the Taj Mahal, the world’s most famous monument of love, to the lakeside palaces of the Maharajahs of beautiful Udaipur. Explore the sights of the capital Delhi, with its vast markets, ancient tombs and historic mosques. Next, you depart for Agra, home to the Taj Mahal, the world’s most famous monument of love. Delight in an exploration of this marvel as well as visits to the Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah and the imposing Agra Fort. Travel to the pink city of Jaipur and admire the magnificent sights of elegant Udaipur, with its extraordinary island palaces. End your adventure at the edge of the Thar Desert in Jodhpur, with its imposing mountaintop fort.
A taste of what awaits you…
Day 1-3: Delhi
- Take a rickshaw ride through Chandni Chowk, once India’s largest market.
- Explore the Old Delhi Spice Bazaar, in operation since the 17th century.
- Visit the Jama Masjid, the main mosque in the region, commissioned by Shah Jahan in 1644.
- Stop at Agrasen ki Baoli, an ancient “haunted” stepwell which is a protected monument.
- Discover Rajpath, also known as the Kings Way, flanked on either side by ornamental pools.
- Pass by Rashtrapati Bhawan (Presidential House) – the official residence of the President.
- Stop at India Gate to take photos, the 42 meter stone arch.
- holiday Humayun’s Tomb, a compound of structure that were built to home his body.
- Finish your day with a stop at the Qutub Minar, a 72.5 meter tower, the tallest brick minaret in the world.
Day 3-4: Agra
- Board a train to Agra and experience some of the truly wonderful things about train travel in India.
- Marvel at the world’s greatest monument of love, the Taj Mahal, at sunset and sunrise, the place where Emperor Shah Jahan etched his undying love for his Empress in marble.
- Discover handicrafts such as marble inlays, carpets, jewellery, zari and embroidery.
- Visit Agra Fort, the very old red stonework palace once occupied by Shah Jahan and his family.
- The after that day, take a sightsee of the 16th century city of Fatehpur Sikri founded as the capital of the Mughal kingdom in 1571 by Emperor Akbar which he later abandoned.
Day 4-6: Jaipur
- Explore the Pink City with the Jaipur Sightseeing Tour Package– vibrant with color and bustling bazaars where artisans make puppets, silver jewelry, bracelets and other handicrafts in their workshops.
- Visit the City Palace, a marvelous combination of Mughal and Rajput architecture, now partly a museum housing miniature paintings, manuscripts, Mughal carpets, musical instruments, royal costumes and weapons.
- Discover the Observatory Tower, built in 1728, housing precise instruments to measure “the harmony of the heavens”.
- Stop at Hawa Mahal, with its pink sandstone facade, built for the ladies of the harem by Sawai Pratap Singh.
- Walk in the footsteps of royalty at the magnificent Fort d’Amer, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy a night excursion to Dera Amer, for an unforgettable experience with elephants rescued from the city.
Day 7: Departure
- Today you will have the morning to enjoy at your leisure before being picked up for your flight to Delhi and your onward flight later in the evening.